has won a Versatile Blogger Award!
The 4 rules and my responses that accompany the Versatile Blogger award are:
1. Thank the person who loved you enough to bestow this gift.
I thank Barbara Ehrentreu, with great appreciation for adding my blog to her award list. Barbara Ehrentreu is a respected author, host of a Red River Interview show, a poet and a genuine supporter of other writers.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
1) Becoming a mother,along with being a writer were two of mychildhood goals. Mission accomplished
2) Many years ago I lived in the US Virgin Islands, an experience which was tranformative.
3) I have had several non-fiction books published years ago on the subject of Stepmothering/Parenting
4) Of one thing I am certain: I do not know everything that I was absolutely certain that I did know.
5) Things that come easily to me are not necessarily without value to others.
6) As a small child I realized life is short - now I know that I was correct and it seems longer.
7) The Poetic Aside community has brought me into contact with a wonderful group of poets. One of whom is my bestower Barbara Ehrentreu which brings me full circle back to the person whom I would like to thank for this award.
3. Bestow this honor onto 10 newly discovered or followed bloggers–in no particular order–who are fantastic in some way.
1) Here are the 10 blogs that I think deserve this award:
http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/ Robert Brewer
http://facebook.com/micropoetry/ Walt Wojtanik administrator
http://aleerily.blogspot.com/ Marie Elena & Walt Wojtanik
http://leapingelephantenterprizes.blogspot.com/ SE Ingraham
http://claudsy.worpress.com/ Claudette Young
http://www.writers-block-help.com/ Beth Rodgers
http://lindagoin.com/ Linda Goin
http://sarachnid.wordpress.com/ Sara Gwen
http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com Mary Kling
http://salvatorebuttaci.wordpress.com/ Salvatore Buttacci
myspace.com/amybarlowpoetry/ Amy Barlow
(okay so there are 11)
Two special mentions are awarded to:
Hannah Gosselin (as soon as her blog is up and running)
Sheila Harris (as soon as her blog is up and running)
Janet Rice Carnahan (as soon as her blog is up and running)
4. Drop by and let your ten new friends know you admire them.
The Versatile Blogger award is as mentioned peer driven and therefore special in that such awards do a great deal to connect and support the on-line community of writers. It has been my pleasure to be a recepient and now a bestower. All my best wishes to those named and those who I have yet to "meet."
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Posted by Dr. Pearl Ketover Prilik (PKP) at 2:09 PM
Labels: Awards and Mentions
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you! "Versatile"? Of all the things I've been called, there's a new one! Even so, as long as you don't mind me taking after you when I come hunting a model on how to be more versatile, I'm up for the challenge of at least trying to show the back side of my moon every now and then. Anyway, thanks again!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the nomination, Pearl. I appreciate it greatly and also enjoy your poetry. My blog address, as you've listed it, is a little bit incorrect. It should be:ReplyDelete
Will be seeing you around PA!
Thanks, Pearl! That's so nice of you to include me on your list!ReplyDelete